Did you know that heat is one of the leading causes of weather-related deaths and illnesses? It’s time to protect yourself! The doctors at Tri-County Orthopedics put together the following tips to help you and your loved ones beat the heat this summer:
1. Drink Up – Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, such as water or juice.
2. Car Safety – Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle.
3. Clothing – Considering wearing clothing that is comfortable, loose, and lightly colored.
4. Stay Cool – Avoid being outdoors with scorching temperatures. If you are outside, try to stay in the shade and take breaks as much as you can.
5. Always Check on Others – Frequently check on family, friends, neighbors, or pets who don’t have air conditioning. Ensure that they have a fan or plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
If you think you or a loved one is experiencing a heat-related illness, contact Tri-County Orthopedics at (888) 473-1614.