Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery
Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery has changed the way orthopedic surgeons perform hip replacements. This procedure requires the surgeon to access the joint from the front of the hip instead of from the side or rear. When performing anterior hip replacement surgery, muscles attached to the hip do not need to be cut; they are moved to the side. The Anterior Hip Replacement Approach to hip replacement surgery is one of the least invasive surgical options in hip replacement surgeries.
You may benefit from anterior hip replacement if:
- Hip pain limits your everyday activities
- Hip pain continues while resting, day or night
- Stiffness in the hip limits ability to move or lift your leg
- You experience little pain relief from anti-inflammatory drugs
- You have harmful or unpleasant side effects from hip medications
- Other treatments do not relieve hip pain
After this treatment option, the most evident benefits of hip surgery are:
- Dramatic pain relief
- Pain decreases, function improves
- Better range of motion
- Minimizes the time from surgery to recovery
Tri-County Orthopedics' orthopedic surgeons provide specialty-trained care for hip pain, injuries, and replacement surgeries. Our physicians are expertly trained and knowledgeable in advanced care of the hip. At Tri-County Orthopedics, our goal is to get you back to doing what you love to do.
For More Information
To find out more on the anterior approach to hip replacement surgery at Tri-County Orthopedics, click here.
To schedule a consultation with one of our hip replacement surgeons, please call (973) 538-2334.