Rocco Simmerano, M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
Dr. Rocco Simmerano is a lifelong Morris County resident. After graduating from Lenape Valley Regional High School, he attended the University of Notre Dame, where he graduated with honors. He attended medical school at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, graduating in 1999 with membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. His surgical and orthopedic training were completed at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts, where he served as assistant team physician for the Boston Celtics and Boston Renegades women’s soccer team. In 2004, he returned to New Jersey to practice with Drs. Cubelli and Capecci.
Dr. Simmerano is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and is a member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and a fellow of the Notre Dame Orthopaedic Society and Tom Dooley Society. He serves as a team consultant for Lenape Valley Regional High School and is active in the lecture circuit around Morris County, talking to local groups about osteoporosis and fracture prevention as well as various sports medicine topics.
Recently certified in Disaster Assistance and Management by the AAOS, Dr. Simmerano’s interests also include joint replacement and sports medicine with a specialty in hip arthroscopy. He performs some of the newest techniques in the orthopedic field and is actively working with orthobiologics and ultrasonic-guided techniques. He was voted “Most Compassionate Doctor” 2013 by his patients. Dr. Simmerano resides in Morris County with his wife and three young children.
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science With Honors: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- General Surgery Internship: Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Saint Clare’s Denville Hospital
- Morristown Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Northwest Jersey
- “The procedure, from seeing Dr. Simmarano and his staff to the surgery team and nurses, and the follow-up in-home surgery, all went very smoothly and successfully.”– Kenneth S.Patient Rating:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Notre Dame Orthopaedic Society