Michael I. Goldberger, M.D.
Dr. Michael Goldberger is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in the care of foot and ankle disorders, including sports-related injuries and conditions of the foot and ankle. He has been the director of the Foot & Ankle Center at Tri-County Orthopedics since 1998. He also serves as director of the orthopedic foot and ankle service line at Morristown Medical Center.
He grew up in West Orange, New Jersey. After graduating from Emory University, Dr. Goldberger received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College with honors in orthopedics. Upon completing his orthopedic residency, Dr. Goldberger spent a year fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Goldberger specializes in the treatment of traumatic injuries of the foot and ankle. This includes sprains, fractures, and ligament, tendon, and cartilage injuries as well as sports-related injuries and conditions. He has lectured nationally on innovative techniques in minimally invasive treatment of Achilles tendon disorders. Dr. Goldberger also specializes in reconstructive procedures, including treatment of ankle arthritis with total ankle replacements. In addition, he has expertise in the treatment of flatfoot and bunions as well as expertise in treating arthritis of the first metatarsal phalangeal joint.
In the past, Dr. Goldberger provided sports medicine sideline coverage for local high school football and continues to assist athletic trainers in the care of their student-athletes.
Dr. Goldberger is an advocate for the patient with arthritis. He is the former vice president of the New Jersey chapter of the Arthritis Foundation Board of Directors. Additionally, since 2006, Dr. Goldberger has led a team of healthcare professionals to service homeless shelters with medical care and footwear each Thanksgiving.
In his free time, Dr. Goldberger enjoys spending time with his family as well as biking and fitness; he is also an avid sports fan. Through competitive basketball, he has gained a keen understanding of the needs of high-caliber athletes and weekend warriors alike.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Doctor of Medicine: Thomas Jefferson University – Jefferson Medical College, Louisville, KY
- General Surgery Internship: North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Morristown Medical Center
- “We cannot say enough about the care and attention Dr. Goldberger provided. He was thorough and patient with us as we decided what path to follow for our daughter. Surgery was completed as he had planned and recovery is underway. ”– Jill S.Patient Rating: