Aaron L. Forbes, M.D.
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Aaron Forbes is a fellowship-trained joint replacement surgeon. He specializes in total hip and knee replacement, anterior hip replacement, partial hip and knee replacement, revision hip and knee replacement, and fracture care.
Dr. Forbes completed his undergraduate degree in biology at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. He then earned his medical degree at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in East Lansing and Grand Rapids, Michigan. After medical school, Dr. Forbes completed his orthopedic residency at The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He then underwent an additional year of dedicated training in adult reconstruction and joint replacement surgery by completing a fellowship at Hoag Orthopedic Institute. HOI is a prestigious orthopedic specialty hospital located in Irvine, California. It is the highest volume joint replacement center in California and has recently received multiple patient satisfaction and quality outcome awards. Throughout his education, he received extensive training in the field of direct anterior total hip replacement as well as other less invasive surgical techniques and protocols geared toward rapid recovery.
Dr. Forbes has participated in several research studies related to orthopedic injuries, biomechanics, and joint replacement surgery. He received the Hoag Orthopedic Institute Fellowship Research Award, and his work has been presented at the regional, national, and international levels. Dr. Forbes has also lectured to the healthcare community to offer continued medical education and recently gave a webinar through Morristown Medical Center. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
Dr. Forbes takes a personalized approach to medicine and orthopedics, focusing on each patient as an individual. He is committed to upholding the highest standards and strives to partner with his patients, and their other doctors, to achieve the best outcomes possible. When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Forbes enjoys traveling, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, and outdoor recreation.
- Lecturer, “Knee Pain in the Aging Adult: Modern Approaches to Surgical and Non-Operative Treatment,” Morristown Medical Center Webinar, 2021
- Hoag Orthopedics Institute Fellowship Research Award, 2016
- Chief Resident, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Orthopaedics, 2014 – 2015
- Orthopaedic Resident Mentor, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Orthopaedics, 2013 – 2015
- Orthopaedic Resident Admission Committee, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Orthopaedics, 2012
- Orthopaedic Journal Club Director, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Orthopaedics, 2012
- Surgery Interest Group President, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 2006 – 2007
- Admissions Ambassador, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 2005 – 2006
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 2005
- Health Professions Scholarship, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 2005
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Doctor of Medicine: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement Surgery Fellowship: Hoag Orthopedic Institute, Irvine, CA
- Morristown Medical Center
- “I found Dr. Forbes to be very thorough in reviewing my MRI and examining my knee. He was patient and understanding when answering my questions. I really appreciated him personally calling me back after my visit to discuss treatment plans.”– Diane C.Patient Rating:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons