Robert J. D'Agostini, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Robert D’Agostini, a local New Jersey native, graduated from St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark. He then attended Johns Hopkins University, where he played football and received his bachelor’s degree in molecular biology. While at Johns Hopkins, he authored two academic papers, which were published in The American Journal of Pathology. These papers were coauthored with the eminent pathologist, Dr. Robert Heppinstall.
Upon graduation, Dr. D’Agostini attended Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He then received his orthopedic training at Georgetown University, where he was chosen as the chief administrative resident in his last year. While at Georgetown, he received extensive training in joint replacement and in sports medicine. The Orthopedic Department at Georgetown was responsible for the care of the Washington Redskins, the Washington Bullets, the Georgetown Hoyas, the George Washington Colonials, and the Maryland Terrapins of the University of Maryland.
After his time in Washington, Dr. D’Agostini relocated to New Jersey where he first practiced in Basking Ridge and then Bedminster, where he has practiced for the past 20 years.
Dr. D’Agostini is a general orthopedic surgeon who has a wealth of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries. For the past 30 years, he has been the team physician at various times for Bernards High School, The Pingry School, and Ridge High School and has seen innumerable patients from other local schools.
In addition to sports medicine, Dr. D’Agostini specializes in total joint replacement. He is one of the local experts in the implementation of partial knee replacement procedures, such as the Oxford® Partial Knee, as well as total hip, knee, and shoulder replacements.
Dr. D’Agostini has received the New Jersey Monthly Top Doctor in New Jersey recognition on multiple occasions and has received Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor in the New York Metro Area distinction for over 20 consecutive years. This award is nominated by other physician peers in medicine.
Dr. D’Agostini adheres to the highest ethical standards and receives no financial support from any appliance manufacturers.
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Doctor of Medicine: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ
- Surgery Internship: Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Morristown Medical Center
- Morristown Medical Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Surgical Center at Cedar Knolls, LLC
- Surgical Center of Northwest Jersey
- Specialty Surgery Center
- “Dr. D'Agostini is excellent! He is very professional and an excellent surgeon. He tells you exactly how it is and leaves no question unanswered. His staff is very responsible and knowledgeable. They make an excellent team.”– Maria D.Patient Rating:
- American Medical Association
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Morris County Medical Society