Harlan E. Hiramoto, M.D.
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Harlan Hiramoto is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. His areas of specialty include knee, shoulder, and sports medicine care. Dr. Hiramoto offers care for a broad range of knee and shoulder injuries and conditions and provides both nonsurgical and surgical treatments, such as ACL repair, minimally invasive arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, and hyaluronan joint injections.
After receiving his undergraduate degree in chemistry at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Dr. Hiramoto graduated from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in Mobile. Following medical school, he completed a rotating internship at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, then a general surgery residency at East Orange VA Medical Center and Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, New Jersey. He went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency at UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, which was also in Newark. Dr. Hiramoto was later board-certified in orthopedic surgery through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
With over three decades of experience providing advanced orthopedic and sports medicine care to the community, Dr. Hiramoto specializes in helping athletes and active individuals heal, recover, and get back to doing what they love. In his practice, he enjoys being able to see his patients on their way to recovery and returning to their favorite activities, like playing golf, going for walks, or playing with their grandchildren.
Dr. Hiramoto’s background includes serving on staff as an orthopedic surgeon at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset as well as a clinical instructor at the same hospital and at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He has also trained with the Stryker Navigation System for minimally invasive joint replacements and ceramic joint replacements.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Hiramoto enjoys playing golf. He is available to provide diagnostics and care in Bridgewater for patients with knee and shoulder conditions or sports injuries.
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Doctor of Medicine: University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL
- Rotating Internship: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Residency: East Orange VA Medical Center and Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- New Jersey Academy of Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society