Charles Wang, M.D.
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Charles Wang is a fellowship-trained sports medicine and shoulder surgeon at the Sports Medicine Center at Tri-County Orthopedics. He specializes in the comprehensive treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions as well as injuries and conditions affecting the shoulder, knee, and hip.
After graduating from the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, Dr. Wang went on to medical school at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia, for a combined Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine degree. He then attended New York University/NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital in New York City to complete his orthopedic surgery residency before going to Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston for his sports medicine and shoulder surgery fellowship.
Dr. Wang joined Tri-County Orthopedics in 2023. His specific orthopedic interests include arthroscopic procedures, joint replacement, fracture care, robotic-assisted procedures, orthobiologics, shoulder instability, and injections as well as the repair and reconstruction of the shoulder, hip, and knee. Dr. Wang uses the latest surgical and nonsurgical advancements and technology in treating his patients and is with them for every step of their recovery. His most fulfilling experiences include helping his patient return to doing what they love.
Dr. Wang treats athletes both in the office and on the sidelines of a wide range of sporting events. He is an assistant team physician for a number of schools, including Boston College Athletics and Harvard University Athletics as well as an assistant physician for Boston Ballet. He is also an assistant physician for professional teams, including the Boston Bruins, Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, and New England Revolution. Other teams he has been an assistant team physician for include New York University Athletics and Long Island University Athletics as well as an assistant physician for Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
In his free time, Dr. Wang enjoys classical music, cooking, outdoor activities, innovation in orthopedic surgery, and playing golf and racquet sports.
- OMeGA Fellow CME Scholarship: 2023
- Ralph Lusskin, M.D. Senior Resident Teaching Award: 2022
- Arthroscopy Association of North America Chief Resident Scholarship: 2022
- Nate Bondi, M.D., Award: 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society: 2016
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Combined Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine Degree: Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: New York University/NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- Sports Medicine & Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Morristown Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Surgical Center at Cedar Knolls
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Journal Reviewer, Journal of Clinical Medicine
- Journal Reviewer, Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Journal Reviewer, The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Boston Ballet
- Boston Bruins
- Boston College Athletics
- Boston Red Sox
- Harvard University Athletics
- New England Patriots
- New England Revolution