Kenneth D. Montgomery, M.D.
As a sports medicine physician focusing on the knee as well as the hand and upper extremity at Tri-County Orthopedics, Dr. Kenneth Montgomery’s goal is to safely return athletes back to their competitive lifestyles.
After receiving his medical degree from the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Dr. Montgomery went on to complete his residency in orthopedic surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. He completed a fellowship in sports medicine from the Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma and then completed a second fellowship at the Harvard Hand and Upper Extremity Service in Boston, Massachusetts.
As a specialist at the Sports Medicine Center and the Hand & Upper Extremity Center at Tri-County Orthopedics, Dr. Montgomery’s philosophy is to take an individualized approach to every patient and athlete. He believes in taking nonoperative measures when treating his patients’ injuries. He also wants his patients to know that if surgery is required, the focus is on minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Montgomery serves as the chairman of the Medical Department and is a head team physician for the New York Jets.
- Inside Jersey and Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2016
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of California, Irvine, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- General Surgery Internship: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma, New York, NY
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: Harvard Hand and Upper Extremity, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Morristown Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- “Dr. Montgomery is excellent.”– Jerry P.Patient Rating:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Alumnae Association of Lenox Hill Hospital School of Nursing
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Harvard Hand and Upper Extremity Alumni Association
- Hospital for Special Surgery Alumni Association
- National Football League Team Physicians Society
- National Hockey League Team Physicians Society
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons