Jennifer Gyi, D.O., R.P.H., F.A.O.P.M.R., F.A.B.M.R.
Spine, Back, Neck, Pain Management, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Cedar Knolls, Jefferson, and Bedminster
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Jennifer Gyi is a fellowship-trained and double-board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor. She specializes in the nonsurgical treatment of the spine, back, and neck as well as pain management and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
After completing her undergraduate studies in pharmacy at St. John's University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in Queens, New York, Dr. Gyi went on to earn her medical degree from the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine in Old Westbury, New York. She completed her osteopathic internship at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in Patchogue, New York, followed by her physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Stony Brook Medicine in Stony Brook, New York. Additionally, Dr. Gyi received additional specialty training in interventional spine medicine through her fellowship at Coordinated Health in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Over the course of her training, Dr. Gyi gained extensive experience in diagnosing and managing pain through a number of advanced procedures, including epidural injections, radiofrequency ablation, electromyography for neuromuscular disorders, and BOTOX® injections for migraines and spasticity, as well as spinal cord stimulation.
Dr. Gyi is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and she holds a certificate of added qualification in pain medicine. She is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, the Association of Academic Physiatrists, and the Spine Intervention Society, and she is also a fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Gyi aims to treat each of her patients like a family member, educating them honestly on their injuries and conditions, ensuring they know all of their available treatment options, and delivering the highest level of care possible. The focus of Dr. Gyi’s practice is on improving her patients’ pain and maximizing their quality of life.
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine: American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy: St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Queens, NY
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- Osteopathic Internship: Long Island Community Hospital, Patchogue, NY
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook, NY
- Interventional Spine Fellowship: Coordinated Health, Bethlehem, PA
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Holy Name Medical Center
- “Dr. Gyi is an excellent, kind, and caring doctor.”– Mary M.Patient Rating:
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Spine Intervention Society