Claudia L. Ginsberg, M.D.
Centers of Excellence:
As a sports medicine specialist at the Sports Medicine Center at Tri-County Orthopedics, Dr. Claudia Ginsberg specializes in the comprehensive care of athletes and active individuals, treating a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.
After graduating from Dartmouth College, Dr. Ginsberg went on to medical school at Cornell University Medical College. She then completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. During her residency, Dr. Ginsberg trained with sports medicine specialists at the Hospital for Special Surgery, which piqued her interest in sports medicine. Subsequently, she pursued fellowship training in primary care sports medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Ginsberg joined Tri-County Orthopedics in 2003 as the group’s first nonoperative physician. She treats active individuals of all levels, working with her patients to maximize mobility and function. As a nonoperative sports medicine specialist, Dr. Ginsberg is able to discuss a wide spectrum of conservative and more invasive treatment options in an unbiased fashion. Her specific orthopedic interests include problems of the shoulder, knee, and hip in addition to bone density disorders.
Dr. Ginsberg treats athletes both in the office and on the sidelines of many sporting events. She has been the head team physician for a number of schools, including Roxbury High School, Morristown-Beard School, and Morris Hills High School. She is also an assistant team physician for the Delbarton School and Parsippany High School. Dr. Ginsberg has also been a consultant for the New York Jets and a medical team captain for the ING New York City Marathon.
Inside Jersey and Castle Connolly Top Doctor: 2016
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- Doctor of Medicine: Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY
- Internal Medicine Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Morristown Medical Center
- “Best experience. Everything was good, and I got all my answers from Dr. Ginsberg.”– Sheela G.Patient Rating:
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Drew University
- Morristown-Beard School
- Roxbury High School