John Dundon, M.D.
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. John Dundon is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in adult reconstruction. Dr. Dundon joined Tri-County Orthopedics in 2023 and works with Mary Moran, PA-C. He specializes in the surgical treatment of the hip and knee, including primary total hip and knee replacement, anterior total hip replacement, minimally invasive total hip and knee arthroplasty, complex and revision total joint replacement, hip and knee arthroscopy, and hip and knee preservation surgery as well as rapid rehabilitation, short stay, and outpatient total joint arthroplasty.
After graduating with Bachelor of Arts degrees in economics and chemistry from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Dundon went on to medical school at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio, for a Doctor of Medicine degree. He continued his training through the college’s Miami Valley Hospital, where he did a preliminary year internship for general surgery as well as an orthopedic surgery residency. Dr. Dundon further expanded his training with an adult reconstruction fellowship at Insall Scott Kelly Institute and NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital in New York, New York.
Dr. Dundon has published multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals and has given national presentations on total hip and knee replacement. He has also published textbook chapters on complex total hip and knee replacement. He recently focused his research on healthcare finance reform, implant design, robotics and smart knee technology, revision total joint replacement as well as multimodal pain management for total hip and knee replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program, and the John Insall Club.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Doctor of Medicine Degree: Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH
- Preliminary Year General Surgery: Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, OH
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Insall Scott Kelly Institute/NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- Morristown Medical Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program
- John Insall Club