Kara Allen-Artiglere, D.O.
Centers of Excellence:
As a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, Dr. Kara Allen-Artiglere is dedicated to helping patients restore their function and wellness using a range of treatments. She helps patients with medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and more. Dr. Allen-Artiglere works to treat the whole patient and not just the problem area.
Dr. Allen-Artiglere earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. She then completed her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree at New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine in Old Westbury, New York. Dr. Allen-Artiglere then completed an internship at St. Vincent's Midtown Hospital and went on to her residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital Manhattan both in New York, New York.
Along with physiatry, Dr. Allen-Artiglere has extensive experience in pain management and treating fibromyalgia and rheumatologic disorders. She also performs electromyography studies and nerve conduction studies for a variety of neurological disorders, including carpal tunnel syndrome, radiculopathies, and polyneuropathies.
Before joining Tri-County Orthopedics, Dr. Allen-Artiglere was in private practice for over 16 years. She operated her own pain management practice before pursuing a new opportunity where she helped build a spine facility that integrated physical therapy, medical and interventional pain management, neurosurgical, and psychological services.
Dr. Allen-Artiglere finds the most joy in helping patients lead functioning, healthy, and active lives. She also enjoys the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with her patients. This led her to her specialty because she wants to help maximize patients’ functionality at all stages of their lives.
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in English/Pre-Med: College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- Internship: St. Vincent’s Midtown Hospital, New York, NY
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: St. Vincent’s Hospital Manhattan, New York, NY
- Overlook Medical Center
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation